Her work has already transformed the lives of millions. I believe her latest book Braving The Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging & The Courage To Stand Alone is a must read for anyone who cares about doing their part to create a more caring and just world.
We cover a lot of ground in this conversation, including:
- Why we can’t stay silent on social issues due to fear of criticism or getting it wrong (Brené Brown has a BA, MA and PhD plus 10 years of experience and still gets nervous)
- How to stay brave and civil while having difficult social and political conversations
- The vital distinction between dehumanizing and rehumanizing — this is crucial for us to understand and practice if we hope to heal the polarization in our country and world
- Why we must practice “braving” if we want to stay connected to ourselves and others
- How shaming others you disagree with never leads to positive outcomes
- The 5 words Maya Angelou shared that have shaped Brené’s speaking career
And so much more.